Monday, March 1, 2010

Big Grasshopper.

E. has officially become a big boy in his big boy bed. M. and I were so sad last night as we (meaning M.) assembled the bed and took down his crib. I remember putting up that crib before we brought him home and he was just a little grasshopper. Now - well look at this little man, he's so big and cute and smart and so mischievous. He's still a little grasshopper, just a bigger one now - like a field grasshopper rather than one you might find in your back yard right?

He's showing off how limber he is while not wanting his picture taken.

And his nose-finding abilities, very important.

How awesome his mouth is, he's very proud of his mouth opening skills.

Of course I had to sneak in and take some pictures of him sleeping for the first time in his big bed. So cute.

I hope today is a lovely one for all of you - I'm trying to get little grasshopper to sleep in his big boy bed again, it's proving a bit more difficult today. Wish me luck.

P.S. I want this girls hair - any thoughts?


8 comments:

MC said...

I like that the picture of him sleeping looks like it was taken seconds after the one of him screaming...

Kind of makes E. look like a maniac.

beSlightlyAskew said...

That haircut is adorable. I want it, too. I actually may have had it already. Who knows? E was so cute in nursery the other day. I hear, "E____ is okay." I look over and he's half laying on the floor, trying not to cry. His lip and chin would quiver and then not. He was trying to be such a big boy by not crying. I still asked if he was okay. He was.

Jessica said...

The hairstyle is so you! I love it :)

RTC said...

Well, first you'll need to figure out what her name is. Then you can track her down via the internet. Actually finding a way to sneak up to her and cut off her hair may be challenging, but my suggestion would be to ask her to hold Ethan, then whip out your scissors and go for it. I mean, who's going to drop a cute kid while some strange woman cuts off all her hair, right? Problem solved...

Wendy said...

Thanks RTC - I'll get on the stalking immediately.

Celeste said...

I think you would look way cute with that haircut! Make sure you post pictures!

danielle said...

cute, cute, cute. all of it. e, the hair, everything. i'm sort of overwhelmed with the cuteness.

oh wait-- it got worse.

several woodland creatures just walked up and kissed my ear.

tender.

t & e said...

um E. is getting so big. i just keep thinking he's the same little guy i used to love to carry around, and then i realize that was over a year ago. so sad.....and yes you could totally pull off that hair, i actually thought of you when i saw her for the first time.