Thursday, December 15, 2011

Someone turned 4!!!

My little baby E. is now a full fledged big boy.  We celebrated his happy happy birthday while Papa and Lela were here.  It was a crazy day with all kinds of obligations and Relief Society parties happening but it went beautifully and we had so much fun!

E. went from this little (yet overly large 9 pound 8 ounce, 21 1/2 inch) baby to my goofy, crazy-smart little maniac that I love so darn much.
We had plans to decorate his door so he could bust through when he woke up but there were a few hitches in the plan. 
1. He comes into our bedroom everynight around 3:00 a.m.
2. Sometimes he gets up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
3. Papa and Lela were sleeping in his room.
So, we attached one side of each strand to a door and then woke up early, sneaked out and decorated the rest.  Then, M. sat anxiously by the door waiting for him to wake up.  I think he sat there for a good half an hour just looking at him.
 Curled up still sleeping.
 We had pumpkin pancakes with nutmeg whip cream for my special boy.  Here's Papa holding my other precious boy.  Look at that cute hat on that cute head.  Is he not the cutest baby in the whole world?  Yes, he is.  He's adorable and I love him and kiss him all day long.  I hope you're all jealous!


 This moment shall always be remembered as the "Well Mia, I'll let you go" moment.  After opening his present from his Tia Mia E. dropped the hint that he "needed some time for some things to happen".  At least he politely ended their conversation so he could play.


 We thought for sure he would want a new bike, I mean, what 4 year old doesn't want a new bike right?  Well, he did but not as much as he wanted a "cool guitar like Daddy's".  So how can two wanna-be rockstars say no to a request like that?  So his wish came true.
 His first lesson.  (Yes, M is wearing the shirt I won for eating a 24 inch sandwich this summer. I never did post about it but I'll put up a picture soon.  Forever glutenous with our friends Westin and Chelsea!)
 Rockstar in the making.  Look at that form.


 Then, as requested we ate at Red Robin's.  We were so happy Papa and Lela could be here to share our fun day with us.  It wouldn't have been the same without them.
 Awww...Papa Bears.
 I love this picture more than words can say.
 We had to throw in a picture of X's participation in lunch.
 Cute sleeping baby.
 He looks so happy with his dump truck cake right?  I think I've finally found my cake decorating solution btw.  Just pour lots and lots of crushed oreos on it and you're good to go.  I no longer need to feel badly that I can't decorate a cake to save my life.  Lucky my little man is so easy to please.


 He loved it!  Happy Birthday to my favorite 4 year old in the whole world.  I love this kid so much I could eat him up with that yummy oreo dirt cake.  I don't know what my life would be without him but definitely not even close to how much fun it is now.  He is a stud and a rockstar and a smarty pants all rolled into the most precious little face ever.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

AWwwwww! Happy Birthday E! I can't wait to see him become the rockstar of your dreams! (Oh, he probably already is!)

Uno said...

Happy Birthday from your Chard Family #2 who loves you very much!

We love you!

Gabriel Marcela Samuel Mason and Jacob!

karlie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
karlie said...

Happy Birthday to my favorite cousin in the world! I can't believe he's 4 already! I love that he wanted a guitar for his birthday! My little E seriously rocks! Both of your boys are so big. I can't even believe it! I miss you guys so much... There is definitely a random road trip to Cali in the making. Be prepared! :) I LOVE YOU!

mia veronica said...

Yeah! E. is 4! Its silly but I teared up a little reading this post, haha. I love that boy sooooo much - he is such an awesome kid and I couldn't live without moments like him telling me he had to let me go:) Thanks for sharing these awesome pics!

Mia