Friday, May 11, 2012

Walk down memory lane.

It's quite the long story but while I was in Utah I had a "homecoming" for my mission (even though I got home 7 years ago).  My cute Dad even made a sign for me.  Isn't it fab?


E. made this great sign for me.  At first that was he and I then somehow it morphed into my sister and her baby.  The red all over them is supposedly pajamas (they aren't werewolves).

Everyone drew pictures of their favorite memories.  M. drew a fetching picture of our wedding.  So cute.


I even gave a talk.  It was cheesy and silly and absolutely wonderful.  Like I said, it's a long story but I'm so glad we did it.

My one request was a pinata for the kids.  I love pinatas.  The kids have so much fun swinging and missing and hitting and fetching candy.  The men have so much fun hanging, swinging, making kids miss and playing tricks.  I love it.  So that was my big request.



E. was quite the slugger.

It's so rare that my sisters and I are together.  We're all in different states across the country so it's so sweet when we get to be together. Karlie-B joined in, isn't she pretty?  Thanks family for such a lovely homecoming.  Seven years later but still wonderful. 

3 comments:

RTC said...

Um, yeah, huh? Please explain!

Wendy said...

Long story short. I went to a hypno-therapist and apparently I was still resentful that I never got a homecoming. No one came to see me because I was sick and I missed out on that. No one really asked me about my mission ever either so I think part of me needed to tell people about it. It was a good thing. It was a weird thing but a good thing. The family was so nice to do it.

RTC said...

Interesting. Well, that helps clarify. I was certainly confused without that.