I've been known to have some big opinions. I'm just sayin', I get
passionate about things and I defend that. That being said. I am
totally over the election. I want to break up with it like a seventh
grade boyfriend. You know, just never say hi in the lunch room again.
Stop passing notes through a series of unrelated friends that are
totally over it as well. I'm done. I'm through. I'm over it. So, I'm
posting some things that are totally unrelated but have made me happy
lately.
Here is a song that has made me so very happy
lately. It has become almost a daily fix. Don't judge. Just listen
and I dare you to not smile and sing along. I dare you. (Just click on here, really, just do it. You won't regret it and you won't get Rick-rolled, promise.)
Aight, soI just finished this novel and simply can't wait for the next book in the series...da...da...da! "Cinder" by Marissa Meyer
was so fabulous! I can't say that I've read anything really close to
this. The leading lady, Cinder, based faintly on the story of
Cinderella, is actually a pretty Bad-A mechanic cyborg. The writing was
great. The story was so original and I loved it. The next novel seems
based on Little Red Riding Hood and is called "Scarlet" but doesn't come out until February. It was great and I would recommend it highly.
I
hope this post distracted you from tomorrow's election. As I said, I'm
over it. I'm going to go read more about Jolie Wilkin's. Night y'all!
Fun Weekend at Buy the Book!
15 years ago


5 comments:
Can I tell you how excited I am that you gave me ideas for my next 7,543 books...so can't wait to read them!!! Thank you so much!!! Finding a new book series is like visine in my eye...I hate it, but when someone recommends books to read i am like a school girl on valentine's day! Thank you thank you!!!
I'm so excited to share book ideas! I'll keep them coming Amy. I have to revise though reading the H.P. Mallory series though. I started the second book and there was such a dirty sex scene after only a few pages. It is not for the faint of heart and enter at your own dirty sex scene risk. I still think the first one was good, a little smutty, but good. The second one though...I don't know.
Definitely read "Cinder" though - it's fabulous!
I am also sick of the election, but I am more sick of the "breaking dawn" ads on my kindle, not that I blame you for those. You've led me well on YA reads before, so I will add Cinder to my Goodreads list.
So my library doesn't have any of HP's books...NONE! bugger...
Post a Comment