From day one this little boy has HATED books. If you know M and I you know that if there is one possession we have far too many of, it's books. We have more books in storage that everything else put together. Our only furniture that isn't a bed or a coffee table are all bookshelves. We like to read and we like books. So naturally this was not going to work for us. Honestly, if I tried to read a book to him X would rip it out of my hands, launch it across the room and then proceed to punch me somewhere. Yep, not working for me. So, it's taken over a year of daily book coaxing and reading in front of him and letting him walk around while I read to him, punishing the punching etc. etc. Now, he can't get enough of his books. He still can't sit still enough to listen to an entire book (unless it's bedtime and he's tired) but he's doing oodles better. He's such a sweetheart and it's good to see him adoring something we all love in this house.
This is his perch. Pillows torn off and sitting happily reading. His favorite (of course, what else would I expect from my boys and the brother of famous Thomas fan E) are any books with Thomas on the cover.
I'm so glad the election is over. Just wanted to put that out there. I'm still so over it. Let's move on and talk about some celebrity scandal or something.
2 comments:
I always through the pillows off my chair too - a kid after my own heart:)
This is so Holden. He likes to "read" books finally but by read I mean he flips through and makes up his own stories in his own language and if I try to be involved, he's like uh uh sister.
Post a Comment