Sunday, September 6, 2009

Grateful...

I'm grateful tonight. Not for anything in particular, well maybe - I'm grateful for family and friends. I'm grateful for faith and I'm grateful for independence. Independence from so many weights, so many vices, so much oppression. I'm grateful I'm me and as me I'm grateful to be alive, to be healthy, to have a family, a home, Dr. Pepper in my fridge and a good book on my night-stand. I'm grateful for my son - he's a stud, I'm grateful for my bigger stud too. I'm grateful for the arts, I'm grateful for education, I'm grateful for laughter and imagination and Thomas the Train. I'm grateful for sweet smells and fresh baked cookies. And of course, E. told me tonight as I put him in bed, "1, 2, 3, I love you Mom". I'm grateful for that. I hope you're grateful tonight too.

2 comments:

mia veronica said...

Thanks for sharing. I love and miss that little boy that I too am grateful for!

genie said...

LOVED THAT ONE!!! Enlarge it and post it all over the house for those times when you can't think of anything that is good... for me, that happens a lot. Love forever!!