Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Feelin' good.

So, E. has officially stopped nursing (he totally rejected me after starting a rampant spree of biting). So...because of this new fabulous (I'm surprising myself by saying that it's fabulous but really, it has been) development last night was the first night in almost TWO years that I slept from the moment I went to bed until I felt well rested and ready to get up for the day. Straight shot baby - WOW! I feel great today! Hot dog I feel good. I can honestly say I haven't felt this great since the day I got pregnant. Yes, he is worth it but man, pregnancy and nursing definitely take more of a toll on a body than I thought.

I am so loving being alive today, it feels good to have energy enough to exercise, play more with E. cook more, knit more and just do so much more. It has been really so nice.


On another happy note... M. and I went to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" last night. What a wonderful film. I really was completely impressed with how lovely it was. The acting was great (especially Cate Blanchett) and the director did a great job and the story line was heart-breakingly beautiful. I sobbed through the ending (I do that through most any movie that is remotely sad so if you're not a cryer you're probably safe). It was touching and beautiful and sad and haunting. Really an interesting and great movie. I highly recommend it! Yea for growing backward!

5 comments:

Scott and Malorie said...

I love those very rare days that I can fall asleep when I want to and wake up on my own time instead of to the words Mommy!!! Congrats for you and I wish it was me ;) Also I'm very impressed you were able to nurse that long. I gave up with Ryan after about a week and I lasted almost six months with Kenadee. It was really hard for me to let that go with her.

Zar said...

CONGRATULATION!!!! free.. you are again free, now go and buy a new pillow for very nice long night's rest. marcela.

kk said...

First, congrats on being free to sleep! That is, until the next little one comes along. :)

Second, I'm glad you saw TCCOBB! (I'm too lazy to type it all out, although by the end of this sentence I will have typed twice the length of the movie's actual title.) I've always thought it was unfair that we're forced to grow old and decrepit, and was so surprised to learn that F. Scott had already thought that one up! He totally stole my idea!! And it was just an adorable little story, we loved it too.

Anonymous said...

Ok, you convinced me, I'll go see the movie. I've indeed heard great reviews about it and I'll plan to organize a night out with a few other girlfriends.

Lucky devil! You've finally done it. E has released you from sleep-deprivation confinement early. I suppose you're really on probation as he might change his mind within the week??? Sorry I just had to terrify you for a sec.
Please give him Hi-Five from us.

hugs,
jestina

Kim said...

Congrats on being done nursing! Nursing is really wonderful (I nursed Molly for 15 months), but I agree that it TOTALLY wipes out one's bod. I went to see "Australia" last night with some girlfriends and really enjoyed it. We'll have to try Benjamin Button.