Monday, January 26, 2009

New Activities!


I've been looking for fun new ways to help E. learn his numbers, letters, colors etc. I have been in a bit of a rut because he doesn't seem interested in anything but playing and eating so I found this list online that had some great ideas on it. Most of them he just isn't ready for but I figure if I get them ready now by the time he is ready I will be too. Check it out it has some great ideas and they have sections for every age group up to 12. Really useful.

Family Education

If any of you have ideas or suggestions for me I would love that! I need more fun ideas for him that will get him interested. Right now I try to do a lot of sorting activities with him. We focus on one letter, one color and one number a day. I try to get him involved with whatever activity I'm doing and help him learn what I'm doing, what colors I'm using, what letters there are etc. but I definitely would love any suggestions, he's just not interested. Please give me whatever advice you great moms out there have.

By the way...the cute alphabet canvas is the work of Chiztina, a really cool artist I found awhile back that does kids art. Super cute, check it out!

1 comment:

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

okay girl I have become an expert on toddlers.j/k here are some ideas that we use at our school. you need to be focusing on one letter one color and one number a week not a day. And also try to fucus on the sound of the letter and not what the letter is called. also if you can find toys that have the color or number you are working on and play with those toys during the week and putting other toys away. Maybe do a calander with him everyday were you say the days of the week and count the number of days that are in the month so far. okay so I have a lot of ideas so just call me. love ya