"Here are the rules: The exchange focuses on doing an act of kindness without expecting anything in return other than that the recipient will, in their turn, pass the kindness along and pay it forward in their own way. This is how it works… I am going to agree to send something fun, inspiring or uplifting to the first 3 blog owners who post a comment on this entry (please leave your email address if I don’t all ready have it.).
In turn you will then post about this on your blog, link to me, then send something to the first three people who sign up to play along through your blog. There are no cost restraints, but don’t go crazy! The little something you send can be something you made, bought, were given or found. No biggie, just a gift that will make the person smile. Maybe something unique fom where you live? And remember that kindness doesn’t have to involve money; there are untold ways to help others every single day, everywhere you go - just look around.”
So if you want to participate in the fun new adventure comment below and give me your email if I don't have it. I will then proceed to send you something uber-fabulous that you will just absolutely love! I hope you will comment and have fun with this, I think it sounds like a blast!
Also, I wanted to add a quick little book review. I just finished reading The Sisters Grimm (book one) by Michael Buckley. It was fantastic! I loved it. What an adorable, sweet, intelligent book! Oh, I thought it was great! I would highly recommend it, whether you love childrens books or not, it is a great read and so well done. I linked the title to the website if you want more info on the books, I can't wait to read the next one, it really was a wonderful story. Definitely a 5 out of 5.

And all of you out there reading My Antonia make sure you keep reading, here is a question to get your mind ticking.
Jim's first reaction to the Nebraska frontier is a sense of being overwhelmed by the environment and powerless against its magnitude. He recalls, "Between that earth and that sky, I felt erased, blotted out. I did not say my prayers that night: here, I felt, what would be would be." How does Jim enjoy this newfound sense of being a small part of a vast universe, and how is his reverence for nature and the seasons reflected in the course of the novel?
Also, does anyone else want to lead the discussion this time? I'm all for it if you would like to do it rather than me, let me know eh?

3 comments:
Count me in!! Sounds like fun!
I'm waiting for something cute...alright...:)
I just got the book for the month from the library. I'll let you know what I think.
I am in!!
bradyandamanda@gmail.com
Post a Comment